Benefits of Our Core Knowledge Curriculum
Child, Parent, & Teacher unite around Coherent, Cumulative, and Content-Specific Curriculum
- provides a broad base of knowledge, and
- provides the rich vocabulary needed for reading achievement and academic success.
FOR PARENTS AND COMMUNITIES
- enhances accountability and parental engagement by providing a clear outline of what children are expected to learn in school, and
- provides a common ground for communication—in school and in life.
For Our School
- provides a plan for coherent, sequenced learning from grade to grade,
- promotes teamwork and an institution-wide focus, and
- enables us to work more effectively while meeting and exceeding state standards.
In Our School District
- decreases the learning gaps caused by student mobility,
- provides a strong foundation of knowledge for success in high school and beyond,
- creates a common focus to share information and expertise, and
- encourages cooperation among schools to provide a quality learning experiences for all students.