Having a child entering kindergarten can be a time of excitement and stress for parents.
Along with the parents, children experience stresses during the transition too. Having to adapt to new teachers, new classmates, and sometimes even a new school, can prove to be difficult. Luckily, there are a lot of great ways to make sure you and your child are prepared and feeling confident on the big day!
prep list for success
- Encourage children’s enthusiasm about learning.
- Practicing new skills
- Decide which kindergarten program your child will attend.
- Read books about starting kindergarten
- Visit the new school
- Try to introduce your child to their new teacher before the school year begins
- Reassure your child by showing enthusiasm and excitement about starting kindergarten
- Try connected with parents of the students and setting play dates
- SAY YOUR PRAYERS TOGETHER!
There is no doubt that this pivotal moment in your child's life is exciting yet terrifying, but that's what life is all about! Getting ready for kindergarten is a process that starts long before kindergarten begins. By starting early and learning new skills long the way, your child will have a strong start to a great year of learning.